Ganga Mahotsav is a popular festival of the india.This festival falls in no moon (Krishna Paksha) on Kartik (October-November) according to the Hindu calendar. It is an auspicious celestial month, exceptionally celebrated on banks of the Ganga in Varanasi.
During this celebration of Ganga Mahotsav there are thousand’s of people take deep in sacred Ganga river in which lot of holi naga sadhu also take dips in Ganga through this an importance of holy Ganaga more increased. In the nightfall people perform arti of Ganga Maa (River) and people release Lac’s of lamps (earthen Lamps) light on the ghats (cost) with chanting of devotional mantras. There are many songs have sung on this keynote of Ganga in bollywood music industry.
Ganga is a most sacred holi river of India. It is said that to take a dip in sacred Ganga people’s all bad work which they have done in the past washout and at last time of life, they get mokshya (without next born in the world).
When people play these devotional songs of Ganga in temples they create an amazing environment and there are in the people mind increase of an importance of sacred for Ganga. Many religious films have released on this subject of Ganga. Their songs were sung by various finest singers. There is one famous song ‘Mano Toh Mein Ganaga Maa Hun Na Mano Toh Bahta Pani’ from film Ganga Ki Saugandh.
It was sung beautifully by Lata Mangeshkar. It had simple music and well Lyrics, it is heart touching and grate devotional song. Do listen this song.
There are some Famous Songs on Ganga the River; some of them are listed here:
- Mano To Mein Ganga Maa Hun from film Ganga Ki Saugandh and sung by Lata Mangeshkar
- Ram Teri Ganga Maili (Title) from film Ram Teri Ganga Maili and sung by Suresh Wadkar
- O Maa Devi Maa from film Kaali Ganga and sung by S. Janaki
- Ganga Tere Desh Main from film Ganga Tere Desh Mein and sung by Kavita Krishnamurti
- Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai from film Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai and sung by Mukesh
- Ganga Aaja from film Ganga Jamuna Saraswati